Posted on July 09 2019
Buying Outdoor Furniture
First step when buying outdoor furniture is to measure your space, take photos of the surrounding area to assist our sales people in store. We are there to help you make the right decision with regard to area and colours.
Things to mention when shopping.
- Is my space under cover or protected from the elements.
- Is my space fully exposed to the elements
- Dining, Lounge options or both or a combination of both in one.
Questions to ask
- What is the frame made of ?
- Will it rust ?
- What type of Fabric is used in the setting ?
- Is the fabric water proof or water resistant. ?
- Has the Frame and fabric been UV stabilised. ?
- How long will it last ?
Answers need to hear
- The Frame should be Aluminium, Aluminium will not rust is light weight and strong. If the frame is steel it will rust eventually once scratched. Its always good to take a magnet with you when shopping for outdoor furniture. Magnets will not stick to Aluminium but they will if its steel. Some sales people in larger stores would not know what the frame is made of.
- Fabrics - There are several types of fabric used in outdoor furniture but all must be UV stabilised to last. If not the fabric will fade and breakdown very quickly. Fabrics used in order of Quality
- Warwick Olefin
Sunbrella Fabrics - are made from a solution dyed acrylic that is UV, water, and mildew resistant. They are fade-proof, stain-resistant, and long-lasting. 5 Year Warranty. ( USA product )
Warwick Fabric are made from a solution dyed Olefin that is UV, water, and mildew resistant. They are fade-proof, stain-resistant, and long-lasting. 5 Year Warranty. ( Aust. product)
Olefin Fabric - Variety of brands from China solution dyed Olefin that is UV, water, and mildew resistant. 2 Year Warranty
Polyester Fabric - 250gram 12 month Warranty Best used under cover. Water resistant and Mildew resistant. UV stabilised.
Armed with the above you can make a educated decision on the quality and type of product you need for your outdoor space.
If you need further assistance or have any questions please drop into our store in Nunawading or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.